Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme sponsored by The Broke and the Bookish and this week's Top Ten list is all about our resolutions (book related or not or a combination of both) for 2014.
1. I've been giving each book I read a star rating on GoodReads, but in 2014, I resolve to also give a review to each book, even if it's just a short one.
2. I resolve that barring any unforeseen circumstances where I do not have internet access (storms, power outage, etc.) that I will make a new post for my blog each and every day. In the case of no internet access, I will play catchup and have a minimum of 1 post for each day that I was unable to post.
3. I resolve that by the end of 2014, I WILL have edited the metadata for each book i have in calibre to include the summary blurb and a picture of the cover, as both of these will help considerably when I'm trying to find a book to fit a specific challenge requirement.
4. I resolve to remember that it's ok to not finish a book if it's one that I don't like. Luckily it's rare that I decide on a book only to find that I'm watching the percent meter on the kindle hoping that each page will make that number jump by leaps and bounds. There's just too many great books out there that I shouldn't feel guilty if I pick one that is just for me. (Exceptions of course will go to books I receive for a review. I will still force my way through in hopes that the book improves as I go along.)
5. I resolve to read as many books as possible of my already existing TBR list instead of my newer additions.
6. I resolve to become more involved with the book blogging community.
7. I resolve to leave more posts on the blogs that I visit.
8. I resolve to get my 11 year old son excited about cooking by having him plan and cook at least 1 meal per week.
9. I resolve to spend more time playing board or card games with my boys, especially since my 9 year old is finally at the point where he does not have a breakdown if he does not win a game.
10. I resolve to try to remember to take my digital camera and/or video camera to more of their sporting events/ school events so that I can share these events with family who are unable to attend.
What are your top ten resolutions for 2014?