Friday, January 24, 2014

Friday 56

Friday 56 (#4) - Emerge by S. E. Hall


This is a fun meme to do hosted by Freda's Voice.  All you have to do is grab a book (any book will do)!  Turn to either page 56 or 56% in your ereader.  Find a sentence or two that grab your attention and then post it and link it  here.



From Emerge (Evolve #1) by S. E. Hall 



About the Book: 
Laney Walker is a quick witted, athletic, southern tomboy who lets few get too close, using her sarcastic zingers to deflect. She also has no idea how others view her, Evan having protected and coveted her since they were children. But college puts a gap between Laney and Evan that neither of them were prepared for- old relationships are tested, new ones are formed and nothing will ever be the same.

Especially when in walks one Dane Kendrick, not at all the familiar, southern charmer of home, but an animal all his own.

A story of growing up, friendship, loyalty, first love, primal love...and life.

11 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing this new-to-me book and author. Hope you are enjoying the read.

    My Friday post: http://www.bookclublibrarian.com/2014/01/friday-focus-friday-56-book-beginnings_24.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds intriguing. Love the cover on this one.

    Hope you'll visit me today at http://www.thebusymomsdaily.com/2014/01/the-friday-56-week-162.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the 56! I would definitely pick it up!

    Here is my post

    ReplyDelete
  4. What is it about disheveled hair that always draws me in? Sounds good I'm off to look up more about it. Great share.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Not going to lie, Dane sounds hot! Although it doesn't look like my kind of book, I might have to give it a try just for Dane! Here's my Friday post and I hope you have a good weekend :)
    Juli @ Universe in Words

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dane sounds delicious! I want to get to know this character better. Is he a good guy or not?
    Here's the link to my Friday post: PICTURING PERFECT.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I wanna know more about Dane!!

    Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh what fun, and what is a meme?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it's hard to explain what a meme is so hopefully this will make sense! :)

      The hosting blog asks a question or starts a topic and then any other blog that would like to do a post on their own blog can do so and then add their link on the hosting blog's meme. So if you were to click on the link to Freda's Voice in my post, you'll see everyone who decided to join in by posting their Friday 56 link. It's a great way to discover new blogs to read and new books to add to your TBR list!

      Delete
  9. This one looks very good. Is it part of a series?

    Linking from Friday 56,
    Ricki Jill

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it's from The Evolve series. Emerge is Book #1

      Delete