Sunday, January 5, 2014

Cover Characteristic (#1) - this week's theme: Horse

Cover Characteristic is a weekly meme hosted by Sugar & Snark.  Each week they pick a characteristic and then all the participants choose 5 of their favorite cover's with that characteristic.  This week's characteristic is:  Horse

I am going to try to pick books from my own library to fit the weekly characteristic whenever it's possible.

These four are on my Want-To-Read list


Thoroughbreds and Trailer Trash by Bev Pettersen
Trilogy of the Michaela Bancroft Suspense Series by Michelle Scott and AK Alexander
Keeping The Peace by Hannah Hooten 
and Horses and Heroin by Bev Pettersen 

But this last book is actually the first book that came to my mind when I tried to think of a book with a horse on it.  In 1985, way back when I was just 15 and was working my way through the Sweet Valley High series, I read a trilogy by Francine Pascal about a girl named Caitlin.  She went to a boarding school, was into riding horses and she was in love with a boy named Jed.  I remember Caitlin as a spoiled girl who was a tad annoying at times, but apparently I was into her story enough that it's stuck with me, even 30 years later!   The first book in the trilogy is Loving. 


So there's my 5 Horse covers along with a quick side trip down memory lane.   Which of my five is your favorite and which ones come to your mind when you think of horses? 










2 comments:

  1. I love your story about reading Caitlin when you were 15. I was a huge fan of Francine Pascal and the Sweet Valley series too, but I've never read Caitlin. It sounds like I would've enjoyed it. =) Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So many great horse books!
    Thanks for joining in last week :)

    Sugar & Snark

    ReplyDelete